Tuesday, June 24, 2008


Sorry it took few days! We were moving....

BUT! His appointment went amazingly well! A miracle....they said before that Ryder was pretty much guaranteed to have water on the brain, that needed brain surgery/shunt...that he'd have to be seen for a few years by the nuero surgeon...but this special boy, has once again been blessed with a beautiful miracle!

When we went in the Dr looked at his brain scans, and head....and said well, you are done with me...this boy will NEVER have water on the brain! and he acts as if he wont even have CPalsey....if he does it will only be noticed by a trained professional. He said Ryders grade 4 brain bleed was one of the mildest ones he had seen in his career.....he actually referred to Ryder's brain as beautiful....even though a large portion is not functioning.

His Dr is LDS, so I felt comfortable saying I knew it was all the prayers that this miracle happened....the Dr smiled, and I knew he agreed.

Another special thing about this little guy... keep in mind he's only 2 1/2 months corrected....but at church sunday, we discovered he sings!!!!!!!!!!!! During the hymns, and relief society, every song he sang with everyone, he'd stop at the end of each verse with everyone, and sing when supposed to!

I'm sure this little guy was singing recently up in heaven with the angels : ) Its so adorable!!!! I caught it on my phone today, and oh my gosh!!!! adorable!!

9 comments:

Shiloh McKinnon said...

I was so happy to hear that all went well.

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

oh my GOSH that is a miracle indeed! I can't believe you moved away! They released Greg on Sunday and I was sad to know you had officially moved!
Wonderful news about Ryder though, he is a miracle boy that is for SURE!
Yeah to Arron coming home this week! Don't forget to post pics of him holding Ryder!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Kira, that is just wonderful! It is amazing to see the Lords hand at work in Ryder's life, I am thankful you are sharing it with me and everyone because it is so touching and helps me to realize the reality of miracles and the Lords tender mercy.
Give that boy a hug for us!

Coree Adams said...

What a blessing, I am so happy to hear that Kira! How cute that he is singing, how adorable! I love the picture of him.

shelly jones said...

kira I am so glad Ryder is doing well, i love hearing about how he is doing on your blog, he is a sweet little amazing person and what a fighter. You are an amazing Mommy as well, you and your family our in our prayers! Take care!!

Shelly

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Kira, What a blessing to find all of that out about Ryder. I bet you are so relieved!! Its AMAZING how much blessings and prayers can do for 1 little person! He is obviously ment to be here!!! What a little Angel!!!

Coree Adams said...

Hey you just moved into my sisters ward! She lives in the Traditions too!

Danette said...

It's amazing! And he's so beautiful! We can wait to meet him!

The Tuck Family said...

Yay for Ryder! We are so happy for you guys.