Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sorry, it has been a while! But Ryder has kept me tired, and very busy. He still has his nights and days mixed up...ugh...but now I've adjusted to that schedule with him, so we hang out til like 3 am...then he finally falls asleep.

Tomorrow Ryder is seeing a neurologist. The other day Ryder had this fluid pocket show up on the back of his head, by his lower soft spot...(its the size of a silver dollar, and is mushy with fluid, poor guy) I took him in to his Dr, and Ryder was sent in for an emergency cat scan. He was sooooo good during the cat scan!! Greg and I just had to hold his arms down....he's such a good baby! The cat scan said there's no excess fluid on the brain, so we are seeing a neurologist tomorrow to find out what it is (attn; Shiloh, I think it's the same guy Kadance saw Dr. Manwaring??)....and also to make sure his IVH is ok as well.
Ryder sure knows how to scare us!!!!!!

He's getting huge! 8 lbs 12 oz as of Tuesday night...crazy how fast they grow...esp from 2 lbs! wow!

I will update his condition after we get results...I hope he's ok.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Dr. Manwarring is supposed to be great. My husband knows him, well knows one of his sons, and he has a friend who worked with him for a summer in his Utah lab. He's lds, which can sometimes be nice. Good luck with the apt., hope all goes ok!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

I hope all goes well, I can't believe how big he is! Wonderful!
Hug him for us!
Chantel

Malinda said...

Rockwell had a nice little bubble on the back of his head also. We had to get Cat scans done of his head until he was like 18 months. Dr. Manwarring was Rockwells Dr and I loved him. His nurse was really good also. You will be in good hands!

Coree Adams said...

Oh my goodness he is getting so big! Good luck with the test results and everything. Please let us know!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

YES Dr. Manwaring is Kadence's doctor and is AWESOME. He is the best in AZ. Ryder will be in excellent hands. He is an incredible doctor. He is the best at what he does. His NP Katie is the best too. If you see her tell her I said hi and that you are my friend. Call me. =)

Brady and Rachel said...

Hope all went well with his appointment today. You guys are doing great and being such wonderful parents to such an amazing little boy. Hope you are getting some sleep now that you guys are on the same schedule, even if it is flipped. We are heading to Elfida, AZ tomorrow (Saturday) to see Brady's Grandpa. We will be heading back early afternoon, probably drive through Mesa late afternoon. Not sure if you will be around, but I would love to see ya if you are, probably have Brady drop me off and he can go to a park or somewhere nearby with the boys and I can say hi, at least to you, even if it is outside. We are healthy, but I still don't want to get close to Ryder to be safe of course, I just want to at least see you Kira before we leave. If it doesn't work out, no worries. We head out next friday afternoon, and my parents are coming on monday for a few days to see the boys. Time have flown by so fast, sorry we haven't been able to get together, but you've of course had your hands full with such a beautiful little guy. I can't BELIEVE he is so big already!! So glad!