Thursday, April 2, 2009

Real quick update....Ryder is still in the hospital.....the test results came back negative for RSV...but he does have Para3-influenza. Yuck. The stool tests said he does not have rotavirus...yay! but he def had a stomach bug.

He's ok, but still pretty sick. He has a HORRIBLE cough! that is so bad it causes him the throw up....last night a bad rash appeared that's part of influenza. They changed his formula to a lactose free formula.....which is working great! his GI Doc was planning on doing that before anyways. He's just miserable. They have a Resp. therapist coming it and pounding his chest and back every 4 hours to break up the congestion....cuz CP kids dont have a strong enough cough to do that themselves. His IV popped out when I left this morning. They said that they would leave it for now, and watch his fluid level closely.....hoping he'll eat enough to stay hydrated. He's only eating 2.5 oz every hour and a half....usually he eats 6-7 oz that often...when hes at full feeds we'll go home....i hope! so just please keep him in your prayers.

as for the move......my family and some friends moved us. Apparentely its all in boxes in my new place.....waiting for me : ) so that'll be fun.

thanks for the comments! OH!! & as for my prior post, Ryder is getting top service now! the nurse manager found out what had happened and was SO MAD!!! shes made sure we are all set with everything now....and even brought us a sweet card saying sorry....and ryder gifts. We are def in good hands now. ...and the Doc is doing great now to....once he talked to Ry's GI DR...it was better for me.

9 comments:

3in3mom said...

so glad to hear things are looking up--but so sorry he's sick! I wish I'd known about the move to help you.

He/you are in our prayers.

Rootbeer Floats said...

Glad for the update. Glad things are going better....

Jared said...

That is good to hear!

Bryon's Family said...

Ra ra sis boom bah! Take that nurse and flip her in the bra! Ok, that was not what I going for, but I am so happy to hear things are looking up for now. I'll keep cheering for Ryder!

Coree Adams said...

I am so happy to hear that things are going better. Hang in there Kira! I know how hard it can be to stay sane while your little one is in the hospital, make sure that you are taking time for you too. Love ya!

Ashley said...

Hey Kira!
Im so sorry to hear about Ryder being in the hospital. Man! He is a fighter and he is so dang cute. I will definately be praying for you guys. Dont you hate it? It seems like when it rains it pours!! Sorry I havn't talked to you in a while, it been a really hard few months. But I am doing much better. I would love to come visit you and Ryder. Just let me know when!!! Love ya girl!!

Brady and Rachel said...

KIRA! I really need to start checking up more often, I just rarely get around to checking blogs. Are you serious! Please know our prayers are with you guys and little Ryder. I can't imagine all the stress you are going through right now. We pray this calm down and little and Ryder recovers quickly. So glad you family and friends were there to take care of you with the move, i can't imagine that on top of everything else. Hang in there. Call anytime, my cell # remains the same. In the meantime, we'll pray pray pray. So glad its not RSV or rotavirus, both are the pits that is for sure. Keep fighting cute little guy!

Miss Niss said...

i'm way behind on my post reading! so sorry he's been so sick, but glad to hear he's doing better. we'll keep you guys in our prayers!!!

The Lindsey's said...

I'm so glad things are going better. keep us all posted. Hopefully some day the sicknesses will taper off a little and you won't have to live at the hospital as much =). I totally understand what you're going through. especially with the IV thing. Jordan had them in her neck/head all the time because they couldn't get one anywhere else. Last time she was in the ER they had 2 of the ER docs with an ultrasound machine trying to get blood from her femoral artery (HUGE artery in your groin area) and they couldn't!! Not even with an ultrasound machine showing them directly where to go. It sucks. I'm so sorry you have to go through this all. It's so emotional.