Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So what's our latest craziness happening in our life??? well, well, well.....oh where do we begin???
Since our post forever ago...we came back from Idaho...life was normal for us for a bit...then one night I (Kira) cut my heel to the bone...barely missing major tendons...and whatnot... in the end I got 8 stitches. How did this happen?? Well I made my lil' Ryder a cute vintage cowboy curtain to go with his room...and I was putting up the hooks for the rod...and stepped off the stool directly onto the curved part of the Rod....slicing it to the bone. It was crazy cuz Greg had just left for an hour with out the cell phone...Thank goodness for great neighbors! Lorenza and her family came to my rescue...and cared for Ryder.
This past week Ryder has been and still is in the hospital. Why?? well...We went to my grandparents cabin in forest lakes Az...were having a great time...then Saturday Ryder got fussy....and a fever. I thought, "oh it's just his molars (sp?) coming in....well his temp sunday morning was at 101 ish... so we headed home early to go to urgent care. By the time we got there his temp was at 104 plus....so they said ok with Ryders "lovely" history he needs to head straight to the ER now. So away to Phoenix Childrens we went!
They have done many tests...and have come up with nothing...except its a virus. Motrin took the fever down to 101 ish til yesterday. Now he's back to normal on his temp...thanks to IV and fluids. Of course Ryder got dehyrated quickly....he does that no matter what when he is ill. Ryder is getting some tests tomorrow from a team of GI dr's ( intestinal drs...and such). While he has been in the hospital they found non related stuff to his virus....but they found he has some stuff wrong with his intestins...from an infection he had called "NEC" in the NICU. So tomorrow he gets some fun xrays..and tests. Hopefully after that he can come home but who knows...they said they are taking all precautions with him cuz of his crazy history...so we shall see.
NOW AS FOR MORE GOING ON....GEEZ...um to begin...the other night our van kinda broke right when Greg pulled into the hospital, so we were borrowing my mothers blazer. Well lets just say the blazer is no more....and I'm in major pain.
I was driving home yesterday to get a break from the hospital...and was in rush hour traffic..at a dead stop....all the sudden someone going 55 MPH plus...rammed right into the back of me. It actually hit so hard she went under me and pushed me into the HOV lane with cars coming right at me...fortunately God was def watching over me...cuz the cars missed Tboning me...and also I easily could've been thrown into oncoming traffic on the opposite side of freeway. So Yes I am in TOTAL pain...but I won't take much meds cuz I need to care for Ryder.
So thats our crazy crazy life. I just hope Ryder gets well soon and gets home.

7 comments:

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Holy Crap Woman! You guys need to go live in a bubble! I am so sorry to hear about all that yucky news! You are FOR SURE in my prayers! I love you and I am so glad you live around family so you can get help. Give Ry a hug for us and get G. to give you a hug from me! Love you! Do some Yoga!

3in3mom said...

WOW, life never slows down. Please let me know if you ever need anything! Seriously I am available at a moments notice. luv ya!

Dasha said...

Have you been reading Job or something? I'm so sorry to hear about all that. Hopefully that means you will only have good luck from now on.

Emryn said...

I am sorry :( Life is crazy at times and it sucks.

The Gundies said...

Well good grief, other than the foot, why are you in so much pain? Just bumps and bruises? Anything serious? We are so thinking of you guys and are sending prayers via overnight delivery!! Use them up...we can always send more!

Diane said...

wow.. thats crazy stuff in your world!
but that little man is growing up so fast & hes so stinkin' cute!

Brady and Rachel said...

OH KIRA!!!! You ALL are in our prayers! Hope Ryder is doing much better. Love the wheelchair! I love his happy smile too! SO STINKIN CUTE. How are you feeling now? SO glad you were watched over so it wasn't any worse. CRAZY!