Monday, August 9, 2010


Ryder is SOOOO happy that he is now a big brother....and a GrEaT one at that!! He always wants to hold her, and will even tell you to"be soft with baby Ruby!" He gets very upset when he has to leave Ruby. It's to cute.

Ruby Amanda Page was born Sunday August 8th, at 1:39 pm, weighing 6 lbs 9 oz, and 19 inches long. She is very healthy, and a great baby....very alert, and loves her daddy!

Where'd her name come from? Well we love the name Ruby, and when we found out it was a girl...it stuck. Amanda is after a good friend of Kira's that passed away in highschool. Amanda was an amazing person, and Greg and Kira loved the idea of having their baby girl have Amanda's name.

The Story: As we all know prediction from OB was Ruby would come the week of cerclage removal...and she was right!

Saturday I just felt funny, and debated if I should go into triage or not. Finally I went in. I was dilated to a 5. With my history, they knew anything could happen at this point, so they kept me in. Dr said if no progress by 6 AM Sunday ( it was 11 pm at this time on sat) they'd give me meds to get it all going. Well apparently my body once again wanted to give its issues....long story short they were giving me the meds at 6.
Before the meds even really had time to kick in, the Dr came in...and found that I was further dilated and such, then the nurses thought. (they were all confused, cuz indeed, I am a freak patient, haha). Next thing I knew Dr B broke my water to get this all done with...then came the amazing epideral (sp?) (it was freakin amazing.... felt hardly anything! )
Then it went fast from there.... and believe it or not....I have to say this delivery was quicker and easier then Ryder's! It was great.
Ruby is just as cute as her older brother! She has a bunch of dark hair... perfect shaped head, she even has dimples when she makes certain faces! She has chunky cheeks like Ryder did. We love it!
Ryder will be a great big brother. We are so excited to have this beautiful baby girl to add to our little family. She truly is a beautiful miracle. I can go on and on and on about how grateful we are to have met Dr Bullaro. It was a totally crazy way we met....but it was a meant to be thing. She and DR Blumrick and our wonderful Heavenly Father got us here today... a healthy baby, a healthy mom....Proud dad, and happy as ever Ryder.
Thank you for every prayer, meal, phone call, card....etc. through these past 9 months. We are forever grateful

8 comments:

Tiffany Westover said...

Congrats on a beautiful baby! I can not even begin to imagine your releif, joy, and gratitude to have made it to this point. I love that you named her after Amanda. I miss her and think of her often.

Nik said...

Kira, She is a doll! I can't get over how cute she is! Hopefully we can see more pics! Congrats again!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

So glad she is healthy, happy and cute! Enjoy her! Wish we were closer!

The Lunds said...

She is too cute! We are so happy you're both doing well!

Ned said...

glad you've had the baby. I read your blog very often. Look forward to more pictures.

Ned and Marva Packer (Greg's aunt)

Shelly said...

AWWWW she so cute!! Congrats Kira!

Adam and Emily said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Yay and power to you Kira! I'm so happy this birth went well and Ruby and you are safe and healthy. I cannot wait to meet my new niece. We sure love you!