Saturday, May 30, 2009

so the other day Ryder was in our living room playing with toys...a regular thing for him....he usually can only move within a 2 foot area...he moves by kicking his cute little legs....he kicks and kicks and slowly scoots his butt around the floor....
anyways Ryder was in the middle of the floor, and started kicking...and moving...kicking and moving....he reached our couch....he realized this was pretty dang cool.....so he kept doing it.....next thing he knew he was like 10 feet away from where he started...then cleared the hallway corner....and scooted all the way to his own room. It was so cool!!!
while scooting Greg and I were cheering him on....saying, "Ryder you did it! you did it!"
Ryder kept yelling SO loud, "I DID IT!! I DID IT!"
It was simply adorable.
It was not til later, because we were so excited...we realized that it was pretty advanced for him to change the you to I....(you did it to, I did it)
I had to ask his speech pathologist if this was expected from a 17 month old....she said oh no....if anything they'd say "me did it".
So we are so proud! He's always saying such cute things....like...I love you, Good boy, Eat ( he yells it while he's eating cuz he's so excited) My brother Robert he calls "berr" hilarious...he even says excuse me when he burps....(in his own language haha, but we understand it) He's so good.
anyways here's the pics.....

7 comments:

Staci said...

Way to go Ryder.. it is so fun to watch kids when they figure things out! Sophia is 20 months and still doesn't switch from you to I.. way to go Ryder. He is getting so big! Thanks for posting we always want to hear what Ryder is up to!

The Lunds said...

That's so awesome! Treysen will be 2 June 13th and still doesn't use 'you' or 'i' so I'm very impressed! It's great to hear how the little guy is doing.

Jared said...

Wow Ryder is growing! What a stud! So you all need to find a way to be in Idaho between the 18th and 26th of July so we can all get together! It would be great to see you guys!

Valerie said...

Good for you, Ryder!

Bryon's Family said...

Oh you so rock dude!! I am always thinking of ya Ryder! Can't wait to see you!

Paul and Jen said...

That is so exciting. He such an amazing, cute kid. I love his smiles.

Coree Adams said...

That is so great Kira! I love hearing about his successes! He is such a cutie!