Monday, May 19, 2008

Preemie's are fun....they get the most random things! In the nicu he had the ecoli in his eye...he has constant "infant congestion," he had the bubble on his head (which has gone away)....and today he has an huge ulcer in the back of his throat. Lovely huh?!

He's been real fussy that last few days, and throwing up after every meal....I thought it was nothing, but it never got better, only worse. After a night of a screaming baby, I decided "when in doubt, check it out." So I took him to Dr. Leavitt.

I must say Dr. Leavitt is AMAZING! In like 10 seconds he figured it out...he said, "here let me show you the problem..." and showed me the back of Ryder's throat, and there was this huge yucky thing...the ulcer. It could've been 3 awful things, one being hand-foot & mouth disease, BUT THANK GOODNESS! it was just a simple ulcer. The "simple" ulcer is really painful for lil' Ry, and irritates his stomach....and burns from the stomach acid he throws up....poor baby!!! Usually with these ulcers, they get screaming fevers...like 103....but lil' Ry doesn't! yet :-( The Dr. says its prob 4-6 more days of a screaming kiddo, but tylenol should ease the pain!

3 comments:

Shiloh McKinnon said...

POOR KID!

Coree Adams said...

OH my gosh! Sounds like Ash, if it's out there, he'll get it! Story of our lives. I hope he feels better soon!!

KP Photography said...

Man, That stinks! Glad he's home with you guys now.