Thursday, May 15, 2008

So I was looking through all my pics on the computer, and decided to upload this video. You can get a small glimpse into what our life was like during the NICU days. My lil' bro Rob filmed Ryder the first day of Ryder's life. It's kind of sad watching it, it almost brought tears to my eyes. He was so small and scared! All of the beeping and dinging...that became a normal sound for us. You can see why I HATE beeping noises!

I remember when Rob and my mom came to the hospital this Sunday afternoon at like 2...Ryder was born at 12:12 am that morning. This video was taken sometime while Rob was there. I remember laying in bed thinking about Ryder meeting his uncle Rob for the first time. I wasn't sure if Ryder would even live, so I thought I was happy that Rob was meeting Ryder "just in case." Well what do ya know, now Rob is taking care of Ryder probably more then he wants! haha.

That day was such shock for me. I'm surprised I remember it!
When I played this video, Ryder was asleep on my lap. When the beeps and dings in the video were going, he opened his eyes and focused in on the noise. I know he def remembers all those noises. It was his life for like 3 1/2 months!

1 comments:

Brady and Rachel said...

The video makes me want to cry? I cannot imagine what you guys went through. What an amazing little guy! So glad to hear he is doing so well, and so advanced. Sorry we didnt' get to see you, but for obvious reasons. Much more important for little Ryder to stay healthy. If you guys ever make it up to Oregon, come see us. We love it thus far! Though it has only been 4 days. Brady starts work TOMORROW! We are FINALLY entering the Real World Man! Exciting and Scary