Thursday, November 13, 2008

oK DoEs RyDeR EvEr CatCh A BrEak!!!???

This kid i'd tell ya!!!! So this ear infection thing was getting him, HA! No he had to go a step way above the ear infection! And scare mommy and daddy to death!!!

This morning I pulled him outta his crib, he was kinda fussy...which is so odd for this guy in the mornings! usually he's happy and talkin' away! But not today, he was arching his back and fuss'n. I notice 2 red dots on his forehead.... I give him loves and simply think agh, just bug bites....poor kid. Well then not 10 minutes later his head is covered in the red dots! Some were ginormous, with wierd surfaces! I'm like great!??? What did this child catch this time!!!???? eeek! And at this point he's pretty mad. So I throw him into the carseat and took him to the Doctors office. By that time his right side is covered. His calf turned white, and was forming wierd pink blotches inside the white large circle. I'm thinking "Ryder! what the heck! you get everything, and dang you know how to scare the freakin crap outta me!"

The Dr takes him back, and was like "oh, wow, he's def reacting to something here." I'm like" yeah something like that!" Ryder had stopped crying and was entertained by the paper on the Dr bed, he thought it was pretty cool, and hilarious. Ryder was covered in hives, even down under ; ( ! (poor kid!)

These hives were outta control! Apparently, eventhough he's taken amoxcillon before, this time his body hates it!

Now he's doped up on benedryl, and off all other meds! Til the hives are gone. Doctor says they'll prob be there til early next week.

I think Ryder made the hives appear so he didn't have to get his synergis (RSV) shot today.
Well I didn't tell him yet, I rescheduled the shot for Monday! Man, this kiddo! gotta love him! And oh, we do!!!

10 comments:

Jared said...

How can you not love the little guy!!

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Cora did the EXACT same thing last year. She also had a reaction to Amoxocylin. She had the same reaction to her RSV shot so they had me give her benadryl everytime before she got it, just an FYI for ya that you might want to try...good luck Ryder!! poor guy!

Brady and Rachel said...

MAN! He wants to test out all illnesses to see which ones he likes and doesn't like right? Glad it wasn't more serious though and he is getting better. How crazy to now have a reaction to amoxicillan, but not before?

Staci said...

You will be able to get your own nursing degree before too long! You will have seen everything first hand! Poor little guy!

Marilee said...

Darn it!! It is a scary thing--even when your kids are six years old, but it's worse when they're teenies. Hope he gets better fast!

The Gundies said...

Hives oh my goodness. Hives are a regular thing in my family, for many reasons, but if it was my kid I would have just shrugged it off and said "toughen up!" It's a good thing you aren't a bad parent like me. Ryder has much more responsible people to take care of him. Unlike two little girls I know, Ryder might actually make it to second grade!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

POOR KID! When does he get to catch a break?

Coree Adams said...

Holy hecky! Poor guy!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys are doing good. I can't believe how big he's getting!

Miss Niss said...

Ryder is SO CUTE!! I can't believe he got all those hives! how crazy is that??!!! Glad he's doing better though!