Thursday, June 10, 2010

So below are pics from this week...Ruby, Ryder, and me!

Things are going well here for us, or as expected :) I am no longer freaking out being worried. Ruby is 3 lbs... and still cookin'! I have got the steroid shots for her lungs... her organs, brain look great. Everything with me is hmmm... ok? Or "as expected" for someone like me... my sister's have said (who work labor and delivery) "Kira you are a medical nightmare." I agree, and except that haha.

So here's the scoop without to much info... My surgery I had to help miss Ruby stay in me, well it's not being good to me now :-( The Dr that did the surgery is known for his record of this "procedure" always staying til they remove stitches at 36 weeks. Well apparently I broke his great record... cuz mine is not cooperating.

When will Ruby come??? WHO KNOWS?? it's a day to day, week to week thing I guess. So we shall see: ) but good news she's getting closer to the safe zone... 32 weeks on.

Ryder is doing great. Funny as ever. I sing Ryder to sleep every night... I sing primary songs about Jesus...and such. Well last night that changed...here's the conversation..
Ryder: "mom sing a song about poopie garbage?"
Mom: "ryder, you want me to sing a song about poopie garbage????!!??"
Ryder: "YEAH!"
mom: "GREG! COME HERE PLEASE!" (trying not to laugh)
Greg: "Yes?"
Mom: "um, Ryder wants me to make a song about poopie garbage? can you help me please?"
Greg: "wheres Ryders guitar?"....then sang "there was a garbage truck full of poopie diapers..."
(I do not remember the rest, as I was laughing to hard.)

Ryder loved it... i mean LOVED it...huge grin and all. After that he realized mom and dad could sing about ANYTHING! so the requests started coming...
"mom sing about the vent (he is obsessed with the vents), sing about the speakers, the smoke alarm, the monitor, the light, the hook on wall....etc."
Oh and "song about elmo and Ryder, song about Patrick spongebob and a rocket."

And we made up a song for all of those things. He would've gone on forever about them...but I said he needed to say goodnight to all of those things. So we sang a song about goodnight vent, speaker, monitor, hook,...etc.

Seriously this kid is brilliant. And even though at times its annoying, I am grateful.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Kira, I've been following your blog lately and boy you have so much going on!! Glad to hear Ruby is still cookin', but sorry your stitch isn't cooperating. I just thought I'd mention a procedure they do here (univ. of Chicago) for patients like you...an abdominal cerclage. They basically place a clamp on the outside of your cervix and it's permanent, but it's supposed to really keep babies in! You do need surgery to place it, and then you will need c-sections because it prevents your cervix from dilating. Not many dr's or hospitals do it, and some dr's probably haven't heard of it. But it might be worth checking out after Ruby is born if you plan to get pregnant again in the future so you don't have to go through all this again!