Saturday, January 30, 2010

Had another OB appointment....all still looks great! She said, "I am not scared of the first 12 weeks...its the 12 to 24 weeks that scares me with you." She is such a WONDERFUL dr! HUGE difference from my previous DR. This new dr gives me a hug every time I leave.
She is high risk herself, she has Lupus (SP?) so she can relate to me feeling anxious and scared. She is going to see me every 2 weeks, and also she is not going to use a normal ultrasound machine. She is sending me to a special place with a high risk Ultra Sound machine, that I get every 2 weeks as well. She is also checking the length of my cervix with the ultrasound every 2 weeks. She wants to make sure all is done, to prevent a very early delivery. If at anytime I show any signs of High Risk, she is sending me to her own personal high risk dr. She said it is hard to get into him, but she will get me in no matter what. Yeah I pretty much love her! she is incredible! I found out about her by chance....but dude I am so happy I did.

Ryder update... So this kid constantly is coughing... ALWAYS... He was on a breathing treatment each day... "an average dose". But wasn't working...we finally went to see a pulminologist . He did a long exam, many questions. Then in the end he said , "well Ryder has asthma. Not an average case of asthma, but pretty severe asthma." I'm like "oh great!!!!"
So now Ryder has a high dose of steroid 2 x daily, and albuterol as needed. He gets them by an inhaler, SOOOO much better then 30 min for the breathing machine!
His asthma is genetic (thanks to Kira!, sorry kiddo) totally unrelated to being preemie, or cerebral palsy.
So his asthma kicks into full on crazy mode...when he gets sick, around dust or dirt, windy days, pollution.... fun fun!!!! Sorry kid, no dirtbike tracks for you!
That is us these days!
Thank you for all of the comments! we are grateful for all of the prayers.

2 comments:

Shiloh McKinnon said...

WOW! your Dr. sounds amazing! Poor Ryder. I have asthma and know how horrible it can be. In fact I have been on meds for it for the past week. Cant seem to kick it and I have not had problems for awhile. Luckily, neither one of my kids have it which suprises me since it runs on my side of the fam and with Kadence being a preemie.

Miss Niss said...

your pregnant??!!! yay!! congrats!!!! so excited for you:)