Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So I am on bedrest... at my moms...been having many high risk issues...been in ER...seen many DR's this week...finally got answers to what is "wrong" with me... basically will always be high risk... keeping a baby in to term or close to it will be difficult, due to incompetent cervix & such ... it is possible to go closer to term with high risk drs by my side....High risk Dr today said it is possible if any problems after 24 weeks, he will "park me in the hospital for a long time"... so obviously if that happens, will need much help....
Dr today was awesome though...has a special needs son...and said he feels for me...and knows how difficult raising a special needs kid is. He said you have a dream as a parent of your kid to someday run down a field playing soccer, run down a court bouncing a ball...ride a dirt bike..etc. But when you are blessed with a special needs kid, your plan or dream changes...but its not to bad... because they do many other great things...like touch many lives by their beautiful personalities and qualities...and much more.
He talked about what a blessing all around a special needs child is, and how grateful he is to have one & wouldnt change it for anything! I couldn't help but smile, and completely agree to all of that.
He told me how happy he was that I was having another kid so close to ryder help him...and be his friend...he to has a daughter close in age to his special needs son...cool! He told me how great it is for his son to have the daughter there, because she helps him in ways no one else can.
I was so happy to talk to this doctor, so cool.
Well that is the update....will keep you all posted.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Kira you are AMAZING! Thank you for sharing that.

The Pages said...

thanks shelly...crazy that an OB doc told me all that huh!? cool guy. His son is severely autistic...and such an amazing kiddo it sounds like.

Shiloh McKinnon said...

You will be in my prayers. Please let me know if you need any help with Ryder or anything. Having a special needs child brings such a special spirit to your home.

Marilee said...

Don't go crazy on bed rest, but do as the Dr. says :). Love you all tons!!

Adam and Emily said...

Good luck!!

Lynette said...

I got goosebumps reading your post...You have an amazing attitude and will be a terrific mother of two!