Monday, April 19, 2010

Life has still been crazy... full of appointments for myself and Ryder. It's been pretty eventful for myself. I have had some problems since the surgery. My body doesn't really like that it had surgery... causing some issues. I spent one day in Triage, and it was not fun. I was having pain where the surgery was done... and thought nothing of it. Something told me I should get it checked out... so I did. Apparently I was having contractions, and had no clue. The Dr (my reg, non-highrisk OB,Dr Bullero) had the nurses give me a high dose of tributaline (sp??). It stopped the contractions, and pain pretty quickly. They sent me home on trib every 6 hours.... geez it made me sooo shaky, but whatever it takes to keep this kid in!
The following day, my high risk Dr, Dr Blumrick saw me. He said that this can happen, but he knew what to do. I am now on motrin every 6 hours. Motrin relaxes my muscles, and helps the pain. I am still on modified bedrest. My goal is to make it to 28 weeks, then to 32, and so on.

Update on Ryder... he has been pretty dang sick. He has pneumonia... bummer. He is doing well considering. He got his first bike/trike and thinks its pretty cool. He moved to a "big boy" bed...and "big boy bedroom" he asks to "play in big boy room". haha. funny.
Ryder is still coming up with nick names for random things... most recent Greg is no longer daddy or dad... it is "greggy". where he came up with that, I have no idea...we laugh when he says it.

Well that is us! we will update as more happens : )

3 comments:

Bryon's Family said...

HEY AWESOME! the part about Ryder I mean. Since we are now visiting in September, how close is that to your goal date(instead of due date)? I was just hoping to see what other kind of offspring you guys have come up with this time. Since I am all done with the kid thing I have to take the kids from their parents whenever I can.

Brady and Rachel said...

Okay, so I am so far behind on other blogs. WHAT THE? Pregnant! CONGRATS!!! I know, so old news, but I am so far behind. Also, hope things are good now since the surgery. I can only begin to imagine how difficult it is to be on bed rest, and care for sweet Ryder, etc at the same time, and keep that cute kiddo baby girl in your belly! You are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Did you know that? Well, you are! SO SO SO excited for you guys, and SO SO SO praying this sweet baby girl continues to cook inside of you safely and healthy for a while to come! When I saw girl! I was SO excited for you too, I am having a blast having a girl, but I also remembered what you had told me a while back about premature girls being stronger than premature boys. I think at this point you are now over 20 weeks right? Go Girl Go! Keep it up. Wish I could be there to visit. Hope Ryder gets feeling better soon too! yuck, no fun. That kids a fighter though, NO DOUBT about it. And a CUTIE!!!!!

Valerie said...

Greggy, huh? Does Ryder come up with nicknames for you? Does he ever talk about Ruby?