Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wow we are going to be in so much trouble with Ryder. He is SUCH A TEASE! I just wanted to share a couple of recent silly stories of Ryder and his craziness....

Tuesday his Physical therapist comes to see him at the house. Every morning I tell him the plans for the day and he listens, and at times tells me how he feels about it.
Well Tuesday I said, "Ryder Linda (PT) is coming to play with you."
Ryder responds, " No Debbie." (his Occupational therapist)
I say, "No Ryder, Linda comes today."
He tells me as a matter of factly, " NO DEBBIE."
( I could clearly see he was teasing me.)
A few minutes later Linda walks up to door.
Kira says "Hi Linda, come in Linda."
Ryder quickly says " Hi Debbie, come in Debbie."
Linda of course was confused. I had to explain to her he was messing with us.
During therapy he called her Debbie, and kept looking right at me, thinking this was funny.
Then at the end of therapy Linda goes to leave....
Ryder says, "Good-bye Linda Debbie! have a good day Linda Debbie!"

What a stinker!!!! Later I had a green frog in my hand...
I ask "Ryder what color is this Frog??"
Ryder says, "BLUE!"
I say, "no its green, you know that."
He tells me as a matter of factly, "no mom its BLUE!"
I say, "ryder you are silly, the frog is Green!"
Then he points at a picture of Jesus...
he says "mom Jesus is blue, and the vent is blue."

At that point I lost it, laughing. I realized that I had a a true Jones grandkid on my hand.... A COMPLETE TEASE!!!!

Then today it got even better...
Debbie came to see Ryder.
Debbie held up an activity and said, "ok Ryder lets do the color wheel."
Ryder says, "oh no, beads."
(meaning the big bag of beads that he puts the shoe lace in.)
Debbie tells Ryder, " no ryder we are doing color wheel."
Ryder shakes his head, "no beads."
Debbie gave in to his negotiating .
They did beads then color wheel.

Later they were doing another activity. He is supposed to match these colored bears to the same color bowl. Instead of putting it is his hand she put it on the lid of his sippy cup.
He said " um Debbie, wrong bowl."
(saying that the sippy cup lid was not right, it wasnt the blue bowl!"

Later Debbie asked him to pick up the bears and bowls...
Debbie said, "ryder please pick up the bears."
Ryder says, "Debbie, shhhh! (with finger on lips) oh look Debbie! a vent!"(pointing at an AC vent)
totally changing the subject.
we had to laugh. He was trying to work us! And many times he's so smooth and sweet about it you cant help but give in.
Anyways Greg and I decided we are in trouble with this clever child!

1 comments:

Marilee said...

Too smart for his own britches!!!