Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We may have our little Ruby very soon. This past weekend my body has been trying it's best to get her out. Cervix is pretty much down to the stitches, and soft. Have had many labor signs the past 3 days. Dr feels Ruby will be safe being born now, but of course the longer the better! So our goal is 12 more days (35 weeks). She will then cut cerclage, and expect Ruby to come w/in 24 hours.

Thank goodness for a cerclage...it's been her lifesaver. I am now on 3 meds just for labor issues alone niphepine, and tribunaline (sp?) and my shot every week! to try and stop contractions, and cramping. It was working, but is wearing off quickly. All we are doing is trying to buy time.

People keep asking about a baby shower. I was not going to have one, but many have told me I need one. So since this all has been so unpredictable, we are waiting til after her birth. Another question is what do we need???? I registered at baby r us, and target. Right now the most we need, that I'm not allowed to go out and get (back on STRICT bedrest!) is diapers, and a baby bath, and bath stuff, which is listed on my registry. We kept much of Ryder's stuff, so we have some stuff : )

Ryder is doing great...totally into babies. He loves playing with the dolls at my moms and being the daddy to them. He is always talking about Ruby. He understands what is going on...that there is an actual baby in mommy's tummy...and soon she'll come out to play. Thanks to TLC baby story... he gets the idea.

well thats us right now, we will update soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay that Ruby is still in! Keep on resting... Wish I were there to help w/ Ryder and anything else you need. We sure love you and hope all goes well.

Brady and Rachel said...

Kira! I am so happy and excited for you guys! What great news! The Lord is truly watching out for you guys. Can't wait to meet her, well at least through pics on the blog, etc, but still. She will be amazing. I'm mean Gosh! She has the most incredible Mom and the most incredible Brother, and though I don't know Greg too much, knowing you chose to marry him, he of course has to be incredible too, so I have no doubt she will be amazing and incredible too. :)!!! Hang in there and keep smiling! You are an inspiration!