Friday, February 22, 2008

Lil' Ryder is still doing incredible! He's still working on full bottle feedings...he's getting there. Today every meal that he drank, he drank half the bottle....soon he'll figure out he needs to drink it all again.
I don't even know what else to say because today he did that well! such a relief!!! It's weird going in and not worrying that he'll stop breathing...turn blue...or something happen...I just go in and finally enjoy the peaceful moments a mom's supposed to enjoy with a new little baby. A couple nurses complimented me today on how wonderful it is that Greg and I are so involved... I am there all day, and Greg makes it at night...They say babies that have moms there a lot, usually do better, and go home sooner, and they have a special bond....My mom always asks why I go to the hospital so much, I say because I need to catch every moment possible with my baby, like regular parents get to! And what a blessing I have to be there for so many milestones he hits...or funny things he does.
It's been rough, but it's finally settling down. We are finally seeing his silly personality, and just enjoying being with our son.

2 comments:

3in3mom said...

Kira,
Keep going!!! That little man needs you and all the love you can give. There is nothing like a Mommy's love to strengthen a little baby! He is so lucky to have you. . . and you him.

Give him kissses as much as you can!!

Krystal said...

You don't know me but I wanted to leave a comment. My husband and I had twins born at 28 weeks, and we have been through a lot of what you are going through now. Our babies stayed at the same hospital as your sweet boy, and had some of the same nurses you have talked about. Your boy is doing so well and he really is lucky to have parents as devoted as you. I know how hard and trying this time can be but it won't be long until he will be strong enough to bring home. There is nothing better in the whole world.
If you want to talk more or check out our family blog you can email me at krystal.adams@gmail.com.
(my husband grew up with Chad Westover and we found your blog through his and Tiffany's)