Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm so surprised Greg and I haven't got gray hairs from lil' Ryder! haha. jk. I haven't updated lately because Ryder has been sick. ( I know it stinks!!!) Fortunately Dr. Leavitt said as of now, it's just a head cold. He's all stuffed up and miserable, but he's made it through MUCH worse! As much as our little man has been through, I feel so bad that he's having to go through this now. I hate it when I have to suction his little nose....He screams, which I know every kid does....but I think it reminds him of the annoying/painful CPAP(oxygen) he had on his nose in the NICU....which he has scars on his nostrils from the CPAP tearing at his lil' nose....poor guy! I seriously almost cried suctioning his nose, because I feel he's been through enough pain from the NICU. UGH, what can you do? You just have to be grateful for the fact it's just a head cold...and not RSV....knock on wood!

I'll update with pics this weekend, when he gets to meet his grandpa Page, and finally be held by granny Rosaline! and when he gets blessed this weekend : ) We decided to keep it little, just grandparents and Greg and I, so sorry to all of you that would've liked to come. We just feel it's better for his fragile health.

4 comments:

Brady and Rachel said...

So SORRY to hear that Ryder has been sick, I really hope he gets feeling better soon. I can't imagine how hard all of this must be on you, but you are sure one strong mom and of course he is one strong little guy. Hope there are happier days to come with Grandma and Grandpa coming to visit and his beautiful blessing this weekend. Good luck with it all, we will keep you guys in our prayers.

Shiloh McKinnon said...

You are so smart to keep his blessing small. I am so sad to hear that he has a cold. I know you have been doing EVERYTHING possible to keep things like this from happening which makes it frustrating on your part to know that it still happened. You are a great mom and are doing an awesome job! He will be back to normal in no time! It was great to chat with you the other day.

3in3mom said...

So fun to see little mr Ryder the other day! He is such a darling little man. I agree you are so smart to keep your blessing small and just for Ryder--and his health.

Hugs for the sickie and you. What a struggle these little ones go through. We are keepin him in our prayers that it stays a cold . . . RSV is misery (been there).

Luv ya, chalice

Coree Adams said...

Oh my goodness I love ALL of these pictures. His blessing pictures are simply adorable!!!