Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lil' Ryder is well today. Really all we are waiting for is him to build enough strength and energy to drink down all of his bottles. He's doing really well with it....he drinks all but a little at the very end (3-10 cc's) The nurses say one day they do it, and do it from there on out. So we shall see. If I don't blog anything new, it's the same news....just waiting! : )

Today around 4 pm I called and the nurse said he was wide awake...looking around....I mentioned that I usually go around 2 pm or so, but couldn't today....she was all; "oh! ok! that explains it, he's looking for you!"
Yeah, then I felt awful! I called Greg and told him to get home fast so we could go see Ryder....and we did, Ryder smiled when we picked him up from the crib....he kept smiling while we were talking to him and holding him....it was cute! He smiles all the time! what a wonderful lil' boy! We love him so much!

His uncle Rob came yesterday and hung out with me. When it came time to go, Rob kept going back to Ryders crib....then Rob asked, "Is it always this hard to leave him!???!!" I told him it's sooooo hard to leave him every time! esp cuz Ryder ALWAYS wakes up when i'm leaving and gives me these eyes that melts me! ugh! So today I made a deal with Ryder, if he drinks all his bottles for 2 days he can come home! So we never have to leave him all alone again! :)

4 comments:

3in3mom said...

sniff---that would be so hard!! I am sure leaving your precious little boy is so tough. I admire you for all you are doing through this hard time. You are blessed with such a sweet set of nurses and before you know it he'll be home and you'll wonder where the time went.

We're praying he comes home with you soon!!
Thinking of you, Chalice Leaman

Coree Adams said...

haha that's cute, way to barder with him Kira! I hope it works. Here's to Ryder drinking all of his baba's!!!

Shiloh McKinnon said...

I remember how hard it was to leave Kadence there. YOu feel so guilty. He seems like he has such a cute personality. I cant wait to meet him one day. I will cross my fingers for you that he does well for the next two days.

by...K@ Ashcroft said...

I posted but it didn't post. poo.

I was just saying how incredible the difference between the pics of Ryder now and the ones from his first week.

Go Ryder!