Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ryder is doing well still. He's a fighter! He's still recuperating from the shots...but he's had wonderful nurses with him! Yesterday I only got to spend like 45 minutes with Ryder....Maryanne, his amazing night primary nurse, took such wonderful care of him...as always! I always know Ryder is happy with her....I swear he remembers her voice, and it comforts him! I know it does, the other night he turned towards her when she spoke, it was precious. I felt so bad that I couldn't go to see him again yesterday...so I called a bunch through the night. This morning Maryanne made me feel so good when she told me what she did for Ryder...She said she could tell he missed me, and that he was wanting his mommy....so when she fed him she held him for quite awhile after to comfort him....I can tell she loves my lil' boy...and it truly means a lot to me and Greg. We are always sooooo happy to find out that Maryanne is taking care of him on the nights she is there. We are so stoked that Maryanne wants to keep in touch with us as Ryder grows older! She is such an amazing person. We love all of Ryders nurses so much!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow--I hadn't checked your site for a while--he is really getting big and growing. I am so happy for you and your family! He looks SUPER! Such a cute little man!

Coree Adams said...

Nurses rock! We would always walk in and see one of Ashlee's nurses holding her. It always made us feel so good that they would take care of her like that. They would even just hold her at the nurses station while they worked. We loved the nurses who would do things that other nurses were afraid to. Things that aren't in the "book" but are just common sense or home remedy type things.

Brady and Rachel said...

Kira, it was so GOOD to talk to you and to hear about your little boy. I love the blog and he is such a BEAUTIFUL little guy! Of course! I am so glad that things are going well for him and you guys. We will keep you in our prayers and I hope he will be home with you guys soon. We will get together at some point. Also here is the blog for Gavin, the other little boy who was born at 26 weeks
www.melroyrichardson.blogspot.com. Also maybe at some point before we leave AZ I want to possibly hire you to do my hair too, if you are available, but we'll see as it gets closer. Brady has a buddy from HI that lives in Mesa too, so he could take the boys there and hang out to keep the boys away from your little one. I don't want to risk them giving him anything. Boys are wonderful! I am just SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO BE A MOM! I can't even begin to imagine all that you guys have been through, but I can see the Lord is definitely blessing you guys and that little boy is one amazingly strong kid. Keep in touch, and let me know if I can do anything at all for you!