Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Today Ryder is well. Ryder's doctor said he's improving. His test results came back on his brain and heart and tummy. All look fine....meaning they have not gotten any worse. His brain there's still a little bit of fluid on the brain, but not enough to do anything yet. As for his heart, the murmur is the same as before, hopefully it'll close soon! His tummy is looking better, the infection is looking smaller.

The newest concern is minor as of now...but it still keeps the Doctors watching him closely. His blood tests show that he is slightly dehydrated. That means they watch the kidneys... BUT NO WORRIES! they can fix it by giving him more fluids, BUT that would make the heart murmur worse, so they are trying to figure out a plan to fix that :)

Ryders arm today is GROSS! they removed the black layer, and now theres a deep wound. Its one of the sickest things I have seen! you know the poor baby is in pain :( but he's a tough boy! :)

I finally got to hold him again today, after him being sick for so long. I held him for about 3 hours! he loves being held! he cried and cried when I put him back in his incubator....but the "binkie" stopped that really quick! he loves binkies!

We take everything day by day. That's how it works in a NICU with a preemie. But Ryder is a good boy and will be ok.

Thanks for everything!

7 comments:

Rustino Scar said...

I'm glad that you made this little site. How did the burn happen? That seems odd. I hope and pray that everything continues to go great for you guys! Keep Strong, Ryder!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

Thanks for updating! I hope this little site is easier for you than having to email and email...
I am glad you got to hold Ryder...He is sweet! Hug him for me!
Your all in our prayers...
Chantel and the Shepherds

Shiloh McKinnon said...

KIRA! Kristen told me about your blog. I was so excited to get to see pictures of him. Call me anytime. I loved chatting. It is so nice to have someone that can relate to what you've been through. Email me at shiloh_mckinnon@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite to my blog.
Talk to you soon. -Shiloh

Shiloh McKinnon said...

P.S. That chemical burn looks terrible! POOR BABY! But he is strong. Everything is going to be GREAT!

Allie Jones said...

That burn looks pretty bad... you really shouldnt let Ryder use the crack pipe in the NICU!

Melanie said...

I like this site! What a great way for you to write about what's going on and your feelings, and a great way for us to keep up! Hopefully all will continue to go well! What was running in the IV when it infiltrated that would cause a burn?? I've never heard of or seen such a thing. Ouch!

Coree Adams said...

binkies are our best friends, I just wish that Ash would still take one!!! I am so glad that things are looking better!