Monday, September 22, 2008

I had to tell about this new experience I had today with people helping out....Yesterday I officially met my ward's primary president....wonderful lady I must say! At church many people are curious about Ryder's splints on his arms, or his shoes he always wears....yada-yada-yada. Anyways, she talked to us for awhile, even snatching Greg and had him sub a class, haha sucker!!! She asked about Ryder and we told her everything...CP and all.

Well, today I got a call from her. She started telling me about a family in the stake with 9 year old quadruplets with cerebral palsy....I thought oh yeah I remember them! they were in my old ward, but I never got to know many people there because I was on bed rest....In fact I've thought about contacting this lady esp after Ry's diagnosis, but I was to scared to randomly call a stranger, and ask for advice, or just talk to someone that can relate....Well my primary president took care of that for me, not knowing I wanted to do it already! wierd! anyways....my primary pres was driving home from picking up her kids at school, and saw this mother of the Quads unloading them off the bus. My primary president not even knowing this lady.....stopped got out and told this lady about Ryder and me. WOW!

So the primary president told me about that, and gave me the mother of the Quads number. I called her immediately....what an amazing person! we talked for quite sometime...and she really helped me understand so much more about what we are facing....This woman has 5 kids, 4 in wheelchairs w/ severe CP, yet she offered to help me with Ryder. She insisted on me letting her watch him if I ever needed it. I will probably never need to w/ all the family I have around....BUT WOW! what an example of service, and love. She's an inspiration to me....She has 4 of Ryder! and she's hung in there. Random fact! one of the kiddos is named Rider too....haha.

She also helped me realize something that I couldnt put into words, and get out. It was hard for me to understand why Ryder had this....I could except it, as hard as it is. But I wondered was this his plan from the begininng? The reason it was hard to figure that out was cuz My OB is at fault for his prematurity/ cerebral palsy. Its not a genetic thing...its the fact he came to early. His skull was to fragile to protect his brain at 26 weeks, which caused blood on the brain, which caused cerebral palsy. My DR knew I had all the symtoms of preterm labor, yet did nothing! I found out to late from a DR, that she passed me on to...that My labor could have been stopped 3 different ways! yet my OB did none of those! LAME! I know!!!!

Anyways this mother of the 4 quads w/ CP also had a medical mistake behind her babies early delivery. She said she feels it wasn't the plan for them, that agency falls into place, mistakes happen....which did w/ both of us. Heavenly Father wouldn't do this to a child. But it happened and you can't change it. BUT! Heavenly Father will provide many ways to get through it. For you and the child. (at least thats the way I understood her) AND I AGREE!!!!! I was so glad to talk to her. What a strong mother!!!! wow! I hope to be that way!

8 comments:

Brady and Rachel said...

What an AWESOME support system you have, and so glad you met this amazing mom who can give advice and relate to all you guys are going through. He's in the best hands of all, and will touch every life he ever comes into contact with. AND HE IS SOOOO DANG CUTE!!!

Malinda said...

That is awesome that you found someone that you can relate to and that can give you advice. Something nobody else can really do with the situation.

Email me at malinda03@gmail.com
if you would like to view our blog.

The Gundies said...

Talk about a shot in the dark. They always say their is someone else out there who has it worse than you, but if she has four little Ryder's she's just showing off! I am so happy you have found this much support. Ryder is so lucky to be born into your family!

Shepherd Family ACALPM said...

I am so glad you found a support! Like you said she has 4 of what you have, so she is amazing! I couldn't imagine having 4 babies Period! Glad you shared the story!

3in3mom said...

Wow, a little miracle. So glad the PP had the feeling to get you two together. You'll be lucky to have this mother.

Alisse Baldwin said...

We're still in that ward, and yes- she IS amazing! Remember, you & Greg are special too because HF trusted you with Mr. Ryder! He is a doll.

Marilee said...

It's a true blessing you found her and that you had the courage to phone her. She gave you some good knowledge and I'm sure that was just the start of it. Ryder really is a gift from God!

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

HI Kira! thats an awesome story. your such a good mommy! Your little Ryder is adorable! Im so glad you found my blog so we can keep in touch!