Saturday, September 6, 2008

This week has been rougher then the past few...we found out it's official, Ry has cerebral palsy. As of yet its just mild cp. This week he's been showing more signs of his cp....for instance his right foot is being oh so naughty, & turning out and stiffening! naughty foot! his leg is also stiffer then usual...so the CP is trying to kick in & show its presence...but we're fighting it w/ therapy. In a few weeks he'll see a neurologist that can give more advice. His OT says he very well may get a brace on that leg, or maybe a foot insole..that helps w/ CP. Ry's thumbs are still tucking in, which is a CP thing as well. So we are splinting those still too.
It's so hard to watch him try so hard to play w/ a simple toy, & can't grab it or play w/ it like other kiddo's around his age...he gets so frustrated!! In his brain he's SO smart!!! he just can't get his body to do what he wants it to, like grab a toy...or roll, or scoot. He used to roll from time to time but now he can't. But thats why mommy is close by to help him do those things, or to help him know it's ok.
As for Greg and I nothing new....Greg did go riding today and enjoyed it. He saw his buddy stitch and finally got to go jam w/ their busy schedules. So he's had a good weekend! which makes me happy. I havn't done anything lately..just going to friends and fam's casa's to cut hair. My sib's call me 411....cuz I always have the scoop on EVERYONE! but they don't realize that that's part of being a hairdresser! sad but true.
Well that's us this last week!

5 comments:

Dasha said...

He is such a sweet little boy. I love that smile of his!! I'm glad you're doing this blogging this. It's so fun to get to know you and your little family. How often does Ryder have therapy and will this be something that is always part of his life?

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Everything you have just said is EXACTLY how I feel. I am so glad to have a friend who knows first hand how I feel. We really need to get together.

The Gundies said...

Hey Ryder! It's Aunt Sara! Don't feel too bad about your body not working with your brain. I burned out my connections in my brain long ago and have learned to live with my physical(but mostly mental)short comings. Miss you guys tons!

Marilee said...

You guys are doing a spectacular job at raising that little boy!! We'll keep ya'll in our prayers. Love ya!

Coree Adams said...

Hang in there dearie! He is so lucky to have you for a mommy. You know what the needs and he needs you. So glad to have friends that share a piece of the struggles that I deal with. LOVE YA!